On a forum I contribute to, a recent question asked whether our spirits are here to suffer for a higher purpose. I answered, in part, that our spirits are here to learn and that they chose a particular lifetime for the lessons it was expected to offer. A woman named Angie left a comment, asking for some insight into what she might have been intended to learn from some of the tragic circumstances of her life. She asked that I reply here on my blog.
Angie wrote that she had married the love of her life, her high school sweetheart. She loved him, despite his being an addict, and wanted to help him fight his demons. Family life did help him, especially being involved with his two sons and their sports activities. Unfortunately, when that phase of life came to an end he reverted to drug and alcohol use, which became worse after their older son was murdered. Her husband died at the age of 48. Three years later, their younger son was beaten to death at the age of 23. Angie asked what she might learn from her roles as a wife and mother and whether she would gain heaven.
There is no doubt in my mind that Angie will return to the spirit world (heaven), be welcomed by the Light, and be reunited with her loved ones. She will then spend time on the plane of renewal, where her spiritual energies will be restored, staying as long as she desires.
It is in the next stage of transition, on the plane of learning, that Angie will review her life, will know what lessons she was intended to learn, and will determine if she did learn them. Based on what Angie shared of her life, can I make any assumptions about the lessons she was to learn? I cannot say with certainty, but the following are possibilities:
1. Every lifetime is to have a lesson in love. Most often it will be the romantic type of love, and it is probable that Angie was destined to be with her husband.
2. Destined relationships are not only about love. To have chosen to stand by her husband, to try to help him with his demons, could have been a separate lesson for Angie.
3. Lessons of grief and loss are a part of many lifetimes. The death of one’s children is one of the most difficult, but I can't say if that was an intended lesson. If it was, it is not that their deaths were made to happen. Angie’s spirit would not have known how that lesson would be presented, only that events were expected to provide it. It is also possible that the death of her sons was not related to her destined lessons.
4. Another difficult lesson is to maintain one’s faith and hope in the face of tremendous and tragic loss. It appears that Angie has done that.
5. There are many lessons to be learned, and Angie is certain to have learned others in her roles as wife and mother, including loving, caring for, and guiding her children through their short lives.
The life review is a learning experience and also a method to determine whether a spirit has gained status in the spirit world. With every increase in status, a spirit draws closer to the presence of the Creator, which is a goal of every spirit who takes physical lifetimes. It may be small comfort to her now, but I think Angie can rest assured that her spirit will have that honor.
Available on Amazon
To buy - click on amazon link below.
for preface, prologue and 1st chapter